Mill Operation Evaluation
Use these pages to evaluate the operation of a milling train. These calculations will help you to determine if your mill settings are correct and will help in determining which adjustments need to be made in order to improve extraction and bagasse moisture.
The following data is required to do these calculations:
- Average cane throughput (measured over 24 hrs)
- Average fibre content of the cane (measured over 24 hrs)
- Vertical distance between centre lines of the top roll (on the one hand) and the feed and discharge rolls (on the other) OR the mill apex angle.
- Mill roll length
- Roll outside diameters (top, feed and discharge rolls)
- Roll tooth profile (tooth pitch, tooth angle and size of flat top on each tooth)
- Set opening between top and feed roll (measured tooth tip to tooth root)
- Set opening between top and discharge roll (measured tooth tip to tooth root)
- Distance from top roll centre line (in resting position) to top surface of trash plate (measured vertically)
- Average rotational speed of the top roll of the mill. This needs to be the real measured speed averaged over say 24 hrs.
- Average lift of the top roll. This needs to be the real measured lift averaged over say 24 hrs
Once you have entered the data below and clicked the submit button a second input page will appear where you can adjust the input data for each individual mill.