Commercial Terms and Conditions
See Agreement - MS Word file
PART I STANDARD CONDITIONS
PART II CONDITIONS OF PARTICULAR APPLICATION
A - References from Clauses in Part I
1. Definitions - The Project
The Project is...
17. Duration of Liability
Six months, reckoned from the Completion date
18.1 Limit of Compensation
The maximum amount of compensation payable by either party to the other in respect of liability under Clause 16 is limited to GBP???.00
22. Commencement and Completion
The Consultant will commence work within thirty days after
- receipt of the Client's Approved for Design drawings and
- receipt of the first payment and
- 32th Zofrember 2016
The time for completion is one month reckoned from the day work commenced
31.(ii) Time for Payment
- Local Currency - 5 days
- Foreign Currency - 30 days
- Agreed Compensation for overdue payment - 5 percent per day
32. Currency of Agreement
The currency applicable to the agreement is Pounds Sterling
36. Languages and Law
- Language of Agreement - English
- Ruling language - English
- Law to which Agreement is subject - England and Wales
37. Princlipal Place of Business
Kingdom of Swaziland
Delete Clause 41 in the Standard Condition and insert
Notices under the Agreement shall be in writing and will take effect from receipt at the address given in Part II. Delivery can be by hand or email message against an emailed confirmation of receipt or by registered letter.
Consultant's address - PO Box 19, Simunye, Swaziland.
Consultant's Email -
B - Additional Clauses
APPENDIX A Scope of Service
The Consultant will
- prepare CAESAR II pipework models of the relevant pipe lines from the Client's Approved for Design general arrangement and isometric drawings
- propose ways of supporting the pipes so that
- the stresses in the pipes are within the code allowables and
- the loads on the turbine and vessel nozzles are within the allowables
- in ways so that the number of spring hangers and expansion joints is minimised.
To be defined
The Client will receive from the Consultant
- a full copy of each of the CAESAR II pipe stress reports
- a marked up copy of the Client's stress isometric drawings and
- a report explaining and highlighting the important points of the stress analysis
Standards and Specifications
The Consultant will do the analysis on version 4.30 of CAESAR II. The pipe stress will be analysed in accordance with the ANSI/ASME B31.1 piping code for power plant. The turbine nozzle loads will be assessed in accordance with the turbine manufacturer's recommendations or if these are not available then in accordance with NEMA SM-23. The vessel nozzle loads will be assessed in accordance with the vessel manufacturer's recommendations or if these are not available then in accordance with the Welding Research Council's recommendations. The hangers will be selected from the Lisega catalogue.
APPENDIX B Personnel, Equipment, Facilities and Services of Others to be Provided by the Client
APPENDIX C Remuneration and Payment
The price to execute the Scope of Services is GBP???.00
Although this work can be done from stress isometric drawings and general arrangements of the turbines, vessels and the buildings in which the plant will be installed, a site visit is a good idea in order to make sure the models are accurate representations of the equipment in the factory. The cost of a site visit is not included in the above price. If it is agreed a site visit is necessary the rates are as follows:
- GBP???.00 per day (or part thereof)
- Air fares and land travel to be supplied by the Client
- accommodation and meals are re-imbursable
This price is valid for a period of 90 days.
Terms of Payment
Fifty percent of the price shall be paid before Commencement, the balance on delivery of the report.
Methods of Payment
Payment shall be by direct transfer of funds into the Consultant's UK bank account
The scope of work has been estimated from preliminary and incomplete drawings, the Consultant reserves the right to revise the price on receipt of the Approved for Design drawings.
The Client shall pay all taxes that may be due by the Consultant in the country where the project is located, except if the country where the project is located is the Consultant's Princlipal Place of Business.